We're so excited to account the date for our second #TRPBOOKCLUB. This time, we'll be reading Louise Green's Big Fit Girl which can be ordered online here.
This book provides the perfect backdrop for us to discuss the evidence for the harm caused by weight discrimination, whether you can be fit and fat and the benefits and barriers to an active lifestyle!
How does it work? We've posted the bookclub questions for discussion below. Join us on Sunday July 2nd on Twitter via the hashtag #TRPBOOKCLUB where we will be working through all the questions.
1. What did you like/dislike about this book?
2. What do you think are the main barriers to exercise for plus-sized women?
3. How does the fitness industry impact on peoples attitudes towards movement?
4. Recent media headlines claimed you “can’t be fit and fat”, what evidence to we have for/against this? How could this headline impact on peoples behaviours?
5. Movements such as Health at Every Size suggest a health rather than weight focus, how do you think this could this benefit/harm public health?
6. What are the negative effects of weight stigma on peoples health?
We hope you can join us! We're also working away in the background here and will have some super exciting events to announce over the coming months so stay tuned!